1. Lean back in your seat for the entire race. This will help you accelerate.
2. Hold the wheel at 10 and 2. A symmetrical, sturdy grip provides stability.
3. Drive straight as long as you can. Turning or swerving reduces kart speed.
4. Avoid breaking while turning. Your tires could lose traction, causing you to spin out.
5. Don’t apply the brake and gas at the same time. Doing so will cause the engine to stop.
6. Follow the leader. For novice drivers, follow the path of the faster drivers while still keeping a safe distance. You may pick up good driving habits for future races.
7. The driver with the fastest race time wins. First across the finish line doesn’t automatically guarantee first place. We judge the winner based on the fastest overall time.
Shameless Plug: Register for our Racing School and you’ll get 1.5 hours of instruction and personal coaching on how to be a better kart driver.